Sweet pumpkin with chestnuts and olives
by Chef’s Club of Crete
- Cut the pumpkin into small pieces.
- Then, cut the onions, pepper and chestnuts. Boil the pumpkin and its stock. Soak xinohondros in cold water and cold milk. In a pot, add olive oil and all ingredients apart from chestnuts, xinohondros and mint and sauté them lightly.
- Deglaze with tsikoudia and white wine, stir and on first boil lower temperature to moderate heat and then cook by simmering (if needed, add broth from the boiled pumpkin).
- Strain xinohondros and add it in the pot along with chestnuts.
- Simmer food and right before serving, add chopped fresh mint.