Carob flour crusted Cretan graviera cheese (Gruyere)served with fresh and spicy fig puree & grape molasses
by chef Papadakis Tasos , Chef’s Club of Crete
- Cut the graviera cheese into triangles (1 cm thick).
- Mix the carob flour with the flour & add the nutmeg.
- Break the eggs & mix them.
- Dip the graviera cheese in the eggs and then dredge it in the flour mixture.
- Fry in hot oil until golden.
- Peel the figs & put them in a pot over low heat to make a puree, add the pepper & grape molasses & boil them for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with chilled rakomelo.