Rice tart stuffed into vine leaves served with dried fruits and yogurt
by chef Baxevanis Giannis
- In a tart pan (ca. 25cm) or a round small baking tray, spread ca. 300 gr vine leaves (1 vase).
- Mix in a bowl -the way you would do for stuffed vegetables-, 1/3 k glazed rice, 1 finely chopped onion, 1 trimmed carrot, 1 trimmed courgette, 1 finely chopped tomato, a lot of mint, parsley and dill, salt, pepper, oregano, a pinch of cumin and 1 pomegranate (if available).
- Put the rice inside the pan, cover with a thin layer of vine leaves and add an inch of water and oil, and place a plate on the top. Cover it with aluminium foil and bake it in the oven for around 30 min.
- The rice tart is ready and the only difference with stuffed vegetables is that it has vine leaves wrapped around it, like a big dolmas.
- In a frying pan, caramelize 100 g butter, 100 gr finely chopped figs, 100 gr finely chopped dried grapes, 100 gr finely chopped apricots, 100 gr walnuts, 100 gr broken almonds, and 100 gr dates (if available).
- In a different pan, sear only 100 gr of the broken pistachios (Aegina pistachios).
- When the rice is ready, place some caramelized nuts and a few spoonfuls of yogurt (½ k sheep-milk Greek yogurt) on top of the rice.
- Serve with trimmed seared pistachio on top.