Oasis covers the part of the trench of the new Venetian fortification which corresponds to the Bastion of Jesus. To the east of its entrance there is Kypros (Cyprus) Square some 600 metres from the city centre. It was inaugurated as a small theatre during the German Occupation following the cutting-down of several pine trees. Then, until 1963, Oasis hosted many open-air events, mainly political rallies. In 1963, an attempt was made to use the area as an open-air theatre and this lasted until 1976. In 1976 the theatre in its current form was created. It is a modern open-air theatre of 1200 seats with all the required (main and auxiliary) equipment and spaces.