Holy Temple of Panagia Stavroforos

line-1-1.jpg

The Holy Temple of the Virgin Mary of the Crusaders (Crosecchieri) forms part of the Latin Monastery of the Crusaders (Crosecchieri) whose other buildings have been destroyed. It is a basilica with three transepts of which the middle one is elevated. It was destroyed by the German bombings during the Battle of Crete in 1941 and was subsequently restored in 1956.

vertical_line_poi-1-1.jpg

PHOTO

line

gallery

Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top